Keep your building in top shape with our building maintenance & commercial building cleaning services.
Contact Us Today!
Building Maintenance Tips
As a business owner, you have the responsibility of making sure that
your building is kept clean, safe, and up-to-date. Whether you own a
single building in which your business is located, own an investment
property that houses businesses, or own multiple buildings that you
manage, it’s important that you keep your property in the best shape
possible. Since its nearly impossible to do all the maintenance in a
building yourself, it’s best to find a trusted and professional New York
building cleaning service to assist you in regular cleaning. NYC
building maintenance workers are highly skilled individuals who have the
experience needed to perform a wide range of tasks – from power washing
to deep carpet cleaning.
Commercial Building Cleaning Tips
Maintaining your building involves keeping it clean, safe, and
hygienic for staff, customers, and the general public. Fortunately, New
York building cleaning services offer business owners a wide range of
services for all your cleaning needs. Maintenance services offered by
NYC commercial building cleaning businesses include floor cleaning,
dusting, spot-cleaning, appliance cleaning, and the cleaning of
bathrooms, kitchens, and offices – among many other services. The
following tips are geared towards building owners who are looking for
efficient ways to maintain their building to the highest standard of
Floor Care Tips:
- Clean floors on a regular basis to prevent the build-up of dirt,
sand, and grime. Regular floor cleaning can prevent scratches and
damage. It will also extend the longevity of your floor, thus saving you
money in long-term.
- Keep floor mats in front of all entrances to the building. This will
help cut down on dirt, sand, and grime that can be tracked through the
building. It’s also idea to keep the entrance ways clean to reduce the
amount of soil from entering the building.
- Clean up stains spilt on the floor immediately after they occur. This will help to prevent stains from becoming permanent.
- Never use chemicals on the floor unless you know that they can be
used for your floor type or are recommended by the flooring
- Use furniture protectors beneath tables, couches, and other
furniture to prevent damage to the floor. Take care when moving
furniture and other heavy objects to prevent scratches and nicks.
...it’s best to find a trusted and professional New York building cleaning service to assist you in regular cleaning.
Vinyl Cleaning Tips:
- To maintain the look of vinyl floors, hire a New York City building
cleaning service to sweep and mop floors every day with a mild cleaner
that will not wear down the top coat or dull the shine.
- Use exterior floor mats to prevent people from tracking dirt into
the building, especially in high foot traffic areas. Interior mats can
also be used to reduce the amount of moisture on the vinyl floors.
- Place plastic floor mats beneath desk chairs to prevent extra wear
and tear to these areas. Ensure that the NYC building maintenance
workers clean these mats on a regular basis as they can collect dirt and
- Hot water should never be used to mop floors, as this can cause
damage. Many people are unaware of these warnings, making it
increasingly important to hire experienced New York City building
- Hire a NYC building cleaning service to effectively kill odors in
restrooms and other areas within your building. Mold and mildew are
leading causes of odors, which can be cleaned and disinfected by a
skilled NYC building maintenance worker.
- Provide more detail to certain items in the bathrooms, such as
toilets, sinks, counters, stalls, showers, waste baskets, and floors
other cleaning services. NY based cleaning businesses are able to
thoroughly clean these areas and disinfect for hygienic purposes.
- Have NYC building maintenance workers give extra attention to
urinals and toilet areas. Urine is a major factor of unpleasant odors in
Miscellaneous Maintenance Tips:
- New York City building cleaning services should dust surfaces within
a building on a regular basis. Dust is an irritant which can cause
allergies in some people.
- Windows should be washed and dried with a commercial product to get
streak-free results. It’s best to hire a NYC commercial building
cleaning business for the job, as it will require cleaning the glass on
both sides which can be difficult.
- Cubicles and desks should be wiped down or dusted on occasion to
prevent a build-up of dirt. Computer screens, printers, and other office
equipment should also be cleaned with mild soap.
- Most cleaning services, NY based businesses, will supply business
owners with trash removal. Trash cans should be emptied daily into a
large, wheeled trash barrel and dumped in the designated area for trash,
according to the business arrangement.
- Sanitize surfaces that people will be touching, such as the hand
rail on the stairwells, countertops, tables, elevator buttons, and other
areas that are touched frequently by staff, customers, and the general
public. This can be a timely process; making it the idea task for
For more tips and information on maintaining a building, see the following links: